Winter brings with it the increased risk of colds, coughs and the flu.
What can you do to help prevent illness?
Ensure that you have adequate sleep, good nutrition and maintain a good level of exercise.
You can also use massage to ward off winter illnesses. The benefits are five-fold:
1. Massage increases lymph flow. This will move the white blood cells around the body to fight infections
2. Massage will nourish and hydrate your skin.
3. Massage increases blood flow and improves circulation, helping to keep your hands and feet warm, and reduces aches and pains in your joints.
4. Massage decreases cortisol levels, the stress hormone, and increases oxytocin leading to the release of serotonin and endorphins. This will lift your mood!
5. Taking time out to have a massage will give you much needed time to relax and prepare yourself for all the other demands that come your way.
Treat yourself and book a massage today!